Some of the mathematical and numerical tools that I have used for my projects are as follows:
- Asymptotic analysis and perturbation theory
- Similarity analysis and separation of variable techniques for PDEs
- Monte-Carlo simulations and gradient-based optimization methods
- Multivariate regression
- Artificial and Deep Neural Networks
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
Outside of work, I enjoy playing music, singing, team sports (Cricket in particular), and exploring the outdoors through hiking, bike touring, mountain biking, and adventure climbing. The cover photo of my website shows the glorious, spire-shaped rock formations of the Bryce Canyon, taken during a climbing/hiking trip to Colorado/Utah (Christmas break 2020).
- Mathematical modeling of transport phenomena
- Nucleation and interface kinetics
- Phase-change heat transfer
- Stefan problem
- Energy conversion in micro-combustors
- Finite Element Method (FEM) for multiphysics modeling
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
I finally defended my Ph.D. in front of a computer screen -- far from what I imagined when I embarked on this journey back in 2015 -- on July 29, 2021! As I ruminate back through this incredibly rewarding journey, I have condensed my experiences, learn...